This post is part of Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
The top ten bookstores or libraries that I want to visit are:
- Library of Congress – To be honest, this is probably the only one that was already on my someday list. The one day I had in Washington DC was a Sunday, so the Library of Congress was closed, which was a huge disappointment. I’ll make it there one day though!
- Powell’s Books in Portland, Oregon – The country’s biggest independent bookstore. I’d be a sad bookworm if I didn’t get to visit this one some day.
- New York Public Library on 5th Ave, New York, New York – You know, the one with the lion statues outside. (After some Googling, I now know these lions are named Patience and Fortitude, which is pretty cool.) Anyways, the New York Public library has always held a sort of gleam for me. And I was quite jealous of my friend who got to use the library regularly while she lived in New York.
- The Seattle Public Library – This library looks architecturally really cool. Plus, I sort of just want to go to Seattle. 😛 Arizona is finally at a managable temperature, but I know it won’t last long! Seattle would be a nice break.
- Central Library at Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico – This library looks SO COOL! I can’t imagine how much information and culture is there to soak up! (Fun fact – I almost studied abroad in Mexico until my university changed its programs.)
- Vatican Library – I’ve been to St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museum, but not the Vatican Library. To be honest, I’m not even sure that’s a place the public can go? Regardless, it would be an amazing place to visit!
- Singing Wind Bookshop, in Benson, Arizona – This bookstore sounds… interesting. But as an Arizonan book lover, I would be remiss if I never made it here.
- Strand Book Store in New York, New York – Apparently this place has 18 miles of books! I’d love to get lost in this place.
- The Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, Arizona – It’s totally possible that I’ve been here before – but I don’t remember so I guess I’ll just have to go again! They’re relatively local to me and have a lot of great events.
- The Well Read Moose in Couer d’Alene, Idaho – My friend visited this place and can’t stop gushing about it. It’s now her top favorite spot, probably ever, which means it would definitely be something up my alley!
As I did research for this post, I realized that I have been to some pretty cool libraries and bookstores already. If you want to see pictures of one of my favorites, you can check out that post here. Hopefully I’ll share some of my other literary journeys soon!
What libraries and bookstores are on your list? Any that I need to add to mine?